Thursday, February 13, 2014

Polar Panoramas


These are my two finished Polar Panoramas. I made these two images here in Kapaa Middle School in G.T class. To make polar panos, you first have to find a good place to take the pictures. I took my pictures in front of my house and at Lidgate park. Polar panos are very similar to spherical panos, the difference is that their looked at different perspectives.

I first edited the pictures I took (in front of my house and at Lidgate park) in Adobe Bridge to make the pictures have more clarity, brighter and look more real. In photoshop, I merged the photos together and warped the ends so the sides wouldn't be uneven. Then I resized the image into the shape of a square, rotated into 180 degree angle and applied the polar filter.

To add my portrait picture above, we first took a portrait session. After we took the pictures, we chose the pictures we wanted to use and edited them in Adobe Bridge to make them brighter and with more clarity. I then used the Quick Selection Tool to cut myself. I also refined the edges and resized the portrait so it could fit perfectly onto the polar pano. The last step was to make a shadow  effect by copying, inverting and wrapping my portrait layer and decreasing the exposure down to black and adjusting the opacity to around 50 to 40 percent

4 comments:

  1. I really like your panoramas, they look really high quality and pretty. Your blog is great too, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete